In the process of looking for ways to increase sales, you have probably realized the root question in any marketing campaign is “How do I get information about my business in front of people?” Before you even decide on the content of your marketing message, you must know that people will see it. That means knowing where people will be.
Facebook is where people are, with over 2.91 billion monthly active users (Facebook, 2022). And on any given day, 48% of them log on. You can target your desired demographic in that enormous audience by creating a Facebook Page, so let’s look at some ways to use a Facebook Page to market your business.
1. Create a page. That is your starting point, so don’t put it off. It is quick, easy and free. You can have a Facebook page for your business up and running in less than an hour, and you can refine it as frequently as you wish.
2. Add a cover and a profile picture. Some graphic representation of your business (a photo or your logo, for instance) will create brand awareness for that image. People that have visited your Facebook Page will have a connection with all the information they have received there whenever they see that it.
3. Add a “Call to Action.” On the Cover area of your page, set up a call to action. Use it. Also use Call to Action buttons or links in your posts and in ads you create. Responses to a Call to Action build your fan base and create alternative ways to market to those fans.
4. Add a description of your business. This is the first-place visitors will see information about the nature of your business. You have two places for descriptions – a short one (155 characters) and a long one. Use both.
5. Add contact information to encourage prospects to find you. Add your address, telephone number and website URL to your page. Some businesses will use a Facebook Page in lieu of a website. If you have a website, though, a leading function of the Facebook Page will be to drive traffic to it.
6. Post on your personal Facebook Profile to acquaint your friends with your Facebook Page. Ask them to Like your Facebook Page. (Another Call to Action!)
7. Through your Page, connect with Facebook Groups that have the interests that you expect your customers will have. There is no better way to increase your business’ exposure quickly.
8. Start posting and do it often. With consistency you increase the chances of any given Facebook fan being served your post on their news feed. There’s a lot of information out there on the best time to post on Facebook and other social media channels. The reality is there are too many variables for this information to be accurate. Your Facebook page is unique so you need to establish when most of your fans are on Facebook.
Pro Tip: Monitor your page insights on a daily basis. This allows you to identify when your audience is online and engaging with your content.
9. Do not post only promotional content on your Facebook Business Page. Your main reason for creating the page is to increase your business, but an advantage of Facebook over most marketing tools is the ability to build a relationship with prospects. Give them reasons to like you. Give them entertaining, informative and high-quality posts, as well as promotions.
Pro Tip: 20 percent of your posts should be promotional, leaving the other 80 percent to be value-added content.
10. Allow others to post to your Page. This provides an opportunity for two-way communication with prospects – another step in building a relationship rather than merely dispensing ads. There are options available to provide monitoring so you can protect your page from inappropriate language, for example.
In Summary: When it comes to social media marketing, and in this case Facebook, your business goal isn’t to get likes and shares, it’s to make sales!
For that reason, each post should have a clear purpose. Ask yourself, “What is the goal of this post?” and “How does it relate to my business goals? “
What is the Next Step?
Now that you've read my blog, hopefully you appreciate the importance implementing a well thought out social media marketing strategy for your business.
We want to help you get started the right way. That's why we're inviting you to a no-cost or obligation strategy session. This is a free, live call with me. Please understand this is NOT a sales call-in disguise but rather a strategy session to see how social media marketing can help your business.
You can schedule your call with us now by Clicking Here